I often refer to my mass photo taking habits as "documenting my life", and this, is the written elaboration of that journey. I hope you enjoy reading about the various thoughts, adventures, and encounters of my life

Friday, September 24, 2010

Road Adventures

I'm going to Ann Arbor for recent grad weekend, and driving up this morning with two of my friends from the bschool.

We left the apartment on lake shore shortly after 8, sharing stories and getting excited about out return "debuts" to Campus. Stopped for McDonald's breakfast, then after just a few minutes of driving come to a complete halt. All of the cars in front of us were stopped and we could see police cars in the distance up ahead. Wonderful, we thought.

An hour later, we were still sitting there. One of my friends starts complaining that she has to pee. There was grass on one side (it looked like a drop off though) and a construction site on the other. We were trying to get her to go in the construction site, but she thought everyone would see her - despite the cement barriers.

Then we looked at the cars around us and noticed people getting out to stretch, walk around, and let their dogs out. That's when someone said "Maybe the RV has a bathroom" I then realized that it was a charter bus. After a minute's hesitation two of us got out of the car and went over to the bus.

We knocked on the door, the driver opened it and we asked if she could use the bathroom.

Driver: Well, I don't know . . . What do you think guys? (to the passengers on the bus).
Me: Its just one of us, can she go?
Driver: How much should we charge her? (To my friend) do you have $10?
Friend: I actually have $10 that I will give you to use your bathroom
Driver: haha, go ahead

She walked to the back of the bus, and I stayed in the front talking to the driver. As I waited, another lady came up to the door asking if she too could use the bathroom. The driver said - as long as its okay with my passengers and we don't end up with a line. . .

That's when we noticed the cars ahead starting to move.

The lady said, thanks but returned to her car, and I looked back to see that my friend was still in the bathroom. I wasn't going to abandon her so I sat down in the front and motioned my friend in the car to just drive.

Making small talk with the driver, my friend came back, a little frantic that the bus was moving, and not knowing whether I left her or not. She made her way to the front and we waited for a good point to stop and get back to the car.

We went to call her, only to realize that both of us left our phones in the car. The driver offered us his, but neither of us knew her number. She was driving right in front of us and kept slowing down, but we motioned her forward, rather than stopping to make the exchange in the middle of the highway.

It was quite a comical scene, with us in the bus and her in the car. The bus happened to be going to Michigan too, and everyone was really nice about us being there too.

We finally found a shoulder and pulled over. We thanked the driver and made our way back to the car.

Needless to say, we had some good laughs for the next portion of the drive.

Still a few hours outside of A2 now, but that adventure made sitting in traffic not so bad after all.

~Jenna
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment